Thursday, October 23, 2008

Coloradio Historic Newspapers

(Revised and updated Jan 18, 2011) Ok, I admit it, I have this thing for historic newspapers. I find them fascinating to read and a wonderful source of information about people and what was going on in the communities where they lived. I just found this resource that I could have used fifteen years ago when I traveled to Boulder, Colorado just to get access to the Boulder Daily Camera to find a gr gr uncle. Now historic issues of that paper and about 148 more from both sides of the Rockies are available through this link for Colorado Historic Newspapers.
Here's the link:
http://www.coloradohistoricnewspapers.org

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be wonderful if I could open any article. I got 74 hits of my search but no instructions how to read the actual item.

Anonymous said...

I spoke too soon, I can open the page. Now, to find someone!

Jerry said...

Hope you found your answer. I did a search on the Boulder Daily Camera. The results shows five articles for my search term with a snippet view. I just clicked on the image and the section of the newspaper was displayed with the search term highlighted.

Randy said...

This domain has apparently lapsed.